Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I fixed this for the Stake YW Presidency for lunch today. They wanted the recipe and I thought I should share it with you!

Salad Dressing by Mary Craft

1 cup olive oil (next time I make this I will add less)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
1 ½ tsp. Dried mustard
2 T. whole grain mustard
¼ tsp red pepper flakes

mix and toss in with salad : Mary served Broccoli, cherry tomatoes green onions and black olives with this dressing. I like lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avacado and purple onion sliced thin.


Zuppa Tuscana revised --ShaRee 932-5663 call if not clear

1 pkg. Jimmy dean sausage (tube) reduced fat
5 medium potatoes (cut in half lengthwise and then ¼ inch slices
1 onion diced
4-5 minced cloves of garlic
5 cups of kale leaves cut in half and then sliced
5 T. chicken bouillon or base
2-3 quarts of water (I added 2 cans chicken broth then filled up the pot with water until the potatoes were covered)
6 slices of turkey bacon cut into bite size pieces
1 cup heavy cream
Johnnys or lawrys 2-3 dashes
1-2 pinches of crushed red pepper flakes depending on how hot you want it. (I added 1 pinch)

1. Cook sausage, bacon, onion and garlic until the onion is translucent or sausage begins to brown

2. Add potatoes and kale and cook for a few minutes.

3. Then add the rest of the ingredients (Chicken base, water, spices) except for the cream

4. Boil until potatoes are done then add the cream and boil for a few minutes more and then serve hot.

No comments: