Monday, February 4, 2008

Peter's cousin's (Tony Ashton) oldest son, Jacksen Ashton, was killed in a car accident on Feb. 2nd. Tony and Peter hung out as young cousins and Tony was great and sang at out wedding reception in Mattawa.
When ever we have family gatherings the youth seem to hang out and the adults hang out so I don't know him that well. I just loved how he loved his adopted baby sister. I loved watching him carry her around and thought he seemed like such a good brother to not only her but his brother Taryn. On the Trek he would smile at me and would say hi.

Before Jens shot up and became taller than me I loved watching Jacksen stand next to Mary, his mom. He would dwarf her. Jens said every meeting he was in on Sunday, the Ashton family was prayed for--same with Peter and I.

Isabella woke me in the middle of the night last night and I couldn't sleep for a few hours and all I could do was think of Mary. I just kept praying for her and Tony. What are they going through? We are so sorry and we love them.

No comments: