Sunday, December 7, 2008

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
by ShaRee Yorgesen
this was the main recipe I used for the wedding


you can click on the picture to zoom in

Preheat oven 325 degrees
Lay a layer of parchment paper down on the row you are cooking the cheesecake.

I cut parchment paper to fit the inside of a springform pan.

Spray Pam on the inside of the pan, this helps the parchment to stick.

For the Crust:
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 c. oreo crumbs
1 stick melted butter
mix and press on the bottom and up the sides of the pan, bake 5 mins
cool

Filling:
4- 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese
1 & 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/3 c. half & half
1 tsp. vanilla

have filling ingredients at room temp! this is important, prevents lumps. I used my kitchen aid and the paddle instead of whisk, so I didn't add to much air. beat the cream cheese, add sugar a little at a time while the mixer is going at med low speed, drop an egg in one at a time incorporating before you add another. Add the sour cream, half and half and vanilla.

P-nut butter caramel layer:
one can sweetened condensed milk
1/2- 3/4 c. p-nut butter

mix after heating in microwave for up to a min. just warm enough to be able to incorporate together. Some of this can be used for garnish

Chocolate layer:
one can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup choc. chips
1 cube butter

melt in microwave at 30 second intervals stirring each time until warm enough to incorporate together. Some of this sauce can be used for garnish

After the crust is done baking I poured the p-nut butter sauce over the crust. I ususally left out 1/2 cup or more

Then I took out 3/4 cup of the filling and mixed in some chocolate sauce until it tasted chocolatey....sorry I don't have a measurement.. and on some of the cheesecakes I added bits of reeses p-nut butter cups and butterfinger crushed up to the choc mixture


pour the choc mixture over the p-nut butter mixture

pour rest of the cream cheese filling over the choc mixture (filling will go up clear to the top of the pan almost- it is ok)

bake in center of oven at 325 for 1 hour or until knife inserted comes out clean. I turned off oven if the top was getting brown.

turn oven off and leave in oven 1-4 hours to finish. Refrigerate over night before serving.

serves 12-16 people


garnish with the p-nut butter and chocolate sauce/ crushed reeses p-nut butter cups and butterfingers







9 comments:

stevensbball said...

ShaRee,
This cheesecake was so delicious and gorgeous all at the same time. Thank you for being so generous to share it. I am planning to wow my book club with it this Tuesday.
Megan Stevens

ShaRee said...

I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliment and your welcome. Let me know how it turns out!

Charity said...

ShaRee-that cheesecake was so yummy. I love cheesecake and I think that was some of the best I've ever had. I think you should go into business!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you posted the recipe. I can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how it turns out when I make it.

tiff said...

Ok so I can just order one???? Don't think I'm that good of a cook... You are awesome. You need to open a restaurant..... Elsa Cox told me you were going to help on her reception here is Othello. Thats very impressive. Thanks for the face wash by the way...

Ashley said...

Me too. Can you just make me one? What are they worth? $25-$30? Or more? Ha-Ha! I haven't gotten to try it- yet. ShaRee's Comfort Creations. Yum!! You have mail.

ShaRee said...

You all are hungry and so kind to me, Thanks for the compliments. Yes, let me know if I can make you one. Buy the ingred.-or- send me a check for 15.00 dollars. I have a pecan pie cheesecake that is better, in my books though. I just don't prefer p-nut butter and choc. together. Crazy, I know!

Frisbies Forever said...

Wow! I love cheesecake. I may have to snatch this. It is beautiful! Thanks so much for catching up with me yesterday! It was a blast. Of course now I am doing double duty but well worth it!

Brooke said...

The recipe is so long that I can hardly READ it and yet you actually MADE it. Thank you for all of your hard work. It was sooooo good!!